There are a few basic things you should review regarding your marketing each year. Business should review each quarter but if you haven’t got around to it here is what you should check at the end of each year.
- Google Analytics – What is driving traffic to your website? How long do people stay on your site and what do they do when they get there? Make sure you understand the user experience, or you could be losing out on enquiries and sales.
- Social Media– Check your insights and analytics and ensure you know which posts performed well and that over the past year you have seen growth in your interaction and your followers/likes. If not consider what you could do better in 2020. You might need advice and training to maximise the potential open to you.
- Lead Conversion – Check how well you are converting enquiries into leads. If you do more quotes than invoices something is wrong in your conversion process. You are potentially not listening to your customers requirements, not following up or your pricing strategy needs attention.
- Customer retention – How well are you retaining customers? Why do they leave you? It might be you have a one-off service but if not always check in and ask why they are no longer using you.
- Customer referrals and reviews – Are your customers giving you referrals? Make sure you have a referral programme in place. Have they given you a review on Google/Facebook/LinkedIn? Reviews are vital to increase your credibility online.
Use this information to create a marketing plan for 2020. Set objectives for sales. If you need help increasing your leads in 2020 contact Debbie Gilbert